The War Years
Delta Company 1st Bn. 7th Marines was a combat unit that served with the United States Marine Corps during the Vietnam War from 1965 to 1970. Although we had our own theater of operations, we were also were also utilized as a reactionary force for the 1st Battalion 7th Marines 1st Marine Division. On August 14th, 1965 Delta Company landed in Vietnam.
Our first theater of operations was around Chu Lai on Conn Hill and later south of Da Nang at several locations. As a combat unit the average Marine carried out around 240 combat missions in a single year of tour. From 1965 to 1966 there were-13 Delta Marines killed, 1966 to 1967- 27 , 1967 to 1968-58, 1968 to 1969-71, and 1969 to 1970-41. During the war, Delta Company participated in over 40 major operations.
The Vietnam War was the bloodiest war the Marine Corps “has ever fought in”. (5) times more killed than WWI, (3) times more than the Korean War, and more killed and wounded than in all of WWII. The Marine Corps. made up 10% of the fighting force in Vietnam but incurred 26% of the casualties.
etnam War was the bloodiest war the Marine Corps “has ever fought in”. (5) times more killed than WWI, (3) times more than the Korean War, and more killed and wounded than in all of WWII. The Marine Corps. made up 10% of the fighting force in Vietnam but incurred 26% of the casualties.
Delta 1/7 Vietnam Marines Inc.
Delta 1/7 Vietnam Marines, Inc. is a nonprofit organization for Delta Marines and Navy Corpsmen who served in the Vietnam War from August 1965 to October 1970. Our office is located in Sarasota, FL. However, we offer support and help to Delta 1/7 personnel in all parts of the nation. The main goal of Delta 1/7 Vietnam Marines Inc. is to improve, in any way we can, the lives of all Delta 1/7 members.
The Vietnam War was a long and difficult one and left many individuals with both physical and emotional problems. We provide an organization where you can discuss your combat experiences with those who have like experiences. Whether it’s a lifelong struggle with PTSD or physical wounds that challenge daily lifestyle, our organization is ready to help you in any way we can. We have assisted current members with learning about various government benefits and entitlements, how to navigate the VA system, and we strongly encourage using the VA system to seek and receive the help you’re entitled to.
Our Mission Statement
We the Marines and Corpsmen of Delta Company 1st Battalion 7th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division FMF-PAC Vietnam 1965 to 1970, exist for the expressed purpose of perpetuating the legacy of this combat unit’s accomplishments in the Vietnam War and facilitate the healing, fellowship, and education of all our fallen and surviving Delta 1/7 Vietnam Marine brothers and their families. Our mission is an expression of our Marine motto-Semper Fidelis. Specifically we will:
- Locate Brother Marines and Corpsmen who are living and the families of those who are deceased, to establish caring/supportive relationships.
- Meet regularly for healing support, education and fellowship of all Delta Company Vietnam veterans.
- Encourage friendship among all Delta 1/7 Marines and Corpsmen and establish close friendship with family members.
- Encourage and facilitate the sharing of information, data and ideas among all organizational units, regardless of purpose or size, of the 1st Battalion 7th Marines Regiment. Our goal is one of outreach through friendship and healing.
- Encourage enrollment in the Veterans Administration for securing service claims and medical benefits.
- Prepare prayer and support whenever requested or needed.
- Provide flowers at memorial or funeral services.